Meet the college dropout who shunned higher education in favor of becoming a > 자유게시판

본문 바로가기
쇼핑몰 검색
  • 회원가입

로그인

다양한 서비스와 이벤트 혜택을 누리실 수 있습니다.

아이디 비밀번호

Meet the college dropout who shunned higher education in favor of beco…

페이지 정보

작성자 Pilar 작성일 24-10-03 19:53 조회 19 댓글 0

본문

Meet the college dropout who shunned higher education in favor of becoming a miner — and now, he makes $1.3 million a month.

John Paul 'JP' Baric, 24, from Austin, , bought $1,400 worth of bitcoin back in 2012 when he was still at school and cryptocurrency had yet to hit the mainstream.

photo-1584687121306-889ff420a474?ixlib=rb-4.0.3

The self-professed 'computer guy' would spend his nights trading bitcoin while pretending to study and would play games to earn more — but he never expected the hobby to turn him into a millionaire.

In 2017, JP set up a bitcoin mining rig — where a group of computers create new bitcoin by solving puzzles — in his parents' basement.

Meet the college dropout who shunned higher education in favor of becoming a bitcoin miner - and now, he makes $1.3 million a month

John Paul 'JP' Baric, 24, from Austin, Texas, bought $1,400 worth of bitcoin back in 2012 when he was still at school and cryptocurrency had yet to hit the mainstream

The self-professed 'computer guy' would spend his nights trading bitcoin while pretending to study, but he never expected the hobby to turn him into a millionaire

The then-17-year-old was studying at North Carolina State University at the time, but after his bitcoin mining company took off, he decided to leave school altogether. 

'I liked the fact that I didn't have to be a certain age to purchase the coins, but I didn't expect it to take off like it did,' JP, who made his first million before he turned 18, told Jam Press.

'The idea of creating my own mining rig came Learn About Bitcoin Mining - snowmining.com when my English teacher assigned the class to create a business plan in 2013.

'After I completed the plan, I started buying graphic cards from eBay and running the machines in a milk crate at my house. 

'My parents were supportive of the whole process.

They saw it was coming and knew I would do well without the structure of a college environment.

In 2017, JP set up a bitcoin mining rig - where a group of computers create new bitcoin by solving puzzles - in his parents' basement.

He is pictured with his parents

The then-17-year-old was studying at North Carolina State University at the time, but after the bitcoin mining company took off, he decided to drop out altogether

He started selling mining rigs online and hired a few of his friends to build rigs full time.

In the basement, the company did over $2 million in revenue

Raking in the cash: JP then decided to level up and out of his parents' basement, renting an abandoned property in Iowa (pictured)

Growing the business: The facility in Iowa (pictured inside) now makes $40,000 a day across 1,300 computers and JP has 23 staff members in total

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

장바구니

오늘본상품

오늘 본 상품

없음

위시리스트

• 보관 내역이 없습니다.
회사명 (주)굿인벤트 주소 서울시 영등포구 여의나루로 67 신송빌딩 5F
사업자 등록번호 107-87-78299 대표 이지은 전화 02-2070-1119 팩스 02-3452-4220
통신판매업신고번호 2016-서울영등포-1455 개인정보 보호책임자 이지은 info@goodinvent.com

Copyright © (주)굿인벤트. All Rights Reserved.